Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jern Eye - So And So featuring Guilty Simpson

West coast emcee Jern Eye is proud to announce the release of his sophomore solo LP, Vision. The album, which features production from Jake One, !llmind, and Keelay & Zaire, and collaborations with Guilty Simpson, Mistah F.A.B., Zion I, Cali Agents, and NightClubber Lang, will be available October 13th via MYX Music Label.

For Vision, a title referencing the concept of stripping down illusions in order to share artistic expression and feeling, creating a cohesive album was the main focus for Jern Eye, and one of the biggest progressions for Jern as an artist since his debut album. Jern says, "In comparison to my previous release Authentic Vintage, I think Vision is more self aware. I just appreciate being a little older, and seeing my music in perspective. I think refusing to compromise what I really love about hip-hop reflects on how I made this album."
In creating the album, the music was the driving force, as Jern crafted the album's sound, spending nights with new beats from go to producers Jake One, !llmind, and more, searching for the right sounds to allow Jern's message to hold the foreground of Vision. Jern says, "With this new record, it was all about beat selection in order to capture certain vibes or backdrops I wanted. So, in essence, each song has intent whether it's obvious or not. Sonically, I think I captured the album I wanted to deliver. I'm not big into doing anything super out there. I made an album that real hip-hop will like."


Jern Eye - So And So featuring Guilty Simpson (produced by Keelay & Zaire)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home