Monday, June 22, 2009

Late Pass #15: Thicke - A Beautiful World


Last night as I scrolled thru media player for some laid back, late night music, I stumbled upon Thicke. Oh, I'm sorry. Pardon me, I meant Robin Thicke. For purposes of distinction however, in case you get them confused; Robin Thicke emerged in 2005 and is not to be confused w/ Thicke circa 2003.

This Thicke person whom I speak of churned out a solid, 7/7 Head Nod worthy album by the name of Beautiful World, that had the upbeat feel of MJ, the crooner sound of The Beatles, and the unabashed energy of Thicke.

Don't get me wrong, Robin Thicke's music is cool too, but it tends to get lost in the R&B shuffle. Thicke however, released an incomparable body of work that showed him in his true artistic element and I can dig it! To cop this album you can hit any one of the above links. Otherwise, here's a joint for you to chill to....


A Beautiful World

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but A Beautiful World didn't strike me as his best work. The Evolution was a much more focused piece in my honest opinion. There were only a couple of tracks on ABW that were worth mentioning, but he remade and actually improved one of them "Shooter" on TEORT.

June 23, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home