Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kissey Asplund :: Creep

I found this track yesterday on Kissey's blog and fell in love w/ it INSTANTLY. It's a cover of Radiohead's Creep, and she had this to say; "... So today I didn't know really what to do in the studio...i didn't feel like writing, singing...but not my music... I've been listening to Radiohead a lot lately so i decided to record a quick unplugged-nonmixed- cover of 'Creep'. The song is just soooooooo damn good and Tom Yorke does it soooo brilliant... I want you to have that in mind, this is just me doing something else and not me going for the Creep-trofé." My opinion; her rendition is simply beautiful! Her voice gracefully flowed over a few keys, literally, a few keys, and grabbed my heart to the point of an uncontrollable urge to hit rewind after each listen. The recording is so raw and uncut, that her voice even cracked a little as she sang, but it still sounded awesome! For me (Kissey's cover of)
Creep = Simplicity @ it's best!

Hope you dig it...



Kissey Asplund - Creep (Radiohead Cover)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home