Sunday, May 3, 2009

Late Pass #6 Jhelisa - A Primitive Guide to Being There (2006)

So there I was with my iTunes on shuffle when I hear this song that stops me in my tracks. I glance over to see what's playing and it's Jhelisa's Love is a State of Mind. I decide to stop what Im doing and listen to the album instead. I'm introduced to an album that has a mixture of many styles: songs sounding like Asa produced by Osunlade (Far I Have Come, Far I Must Go) to J*Davey (Culture of Silence). This 9 track album is a must have for anyone who likes an album that is a mixture of styles, influences and sounds. A Primitive Guide to Being There is one of those rare albums that does that and does it well. Pick it up and visit her myspace page HERE


Jhelisa - Love is a State of Mind

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds pretty easy going. When I get a chance, I will get the whole album and give my feedback. But at first listen, it does sound like nice cool out music.

May 3, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home