Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vinyl? Check! # 18: Boy, You Ain't Never Lied!

Issac Hayes R.I.P. has always been a master at making us groove; just check his early Stax discography or his reception when he ARRIVED onstage at Wattstax. Definitely one to move not only our hearts and minds but also our butts, I Ain't Never from his 1980 Polydor Records release, And Once Again literally had me dancing as I typed this. This album wasn't a commercial smash and was folowed by another commercial dud, 1981's Lifetime Thing which preceded his descent (emphasis mine) into acting. I wonder if he was jamming to this when he went to audition for Escape From New York...


Isaac Hayes - I Ain't Never

1 Comments:

Blogger ChocLitLuvJoi said...

...jamming waaay to hard indeed!

February 15, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home