Wednesday, February 4, 2009

B'ham Love Pt. 6/28: R-Tist

Now our journey has brought us to The Eargasm years and its many performers. This Birmingham event has actually added many days to the original 28 days I planned on dedicating to B’ham Love. Nevertheless, at my first show there was an artist named R-Tist on the bill. Now mind you, the only people I know at this show are Supreme who has created the event and Biti who I knew from high school who have both convinced me that this show and R-Tist are mad nice.

R-Tist takes the stage. He’s a short emcee with a charisma and presence that’s undeniable but I haven’t HEARD ANYTHING yet. My memory is definitely hazy so I don’t know if he did more than one song or began with this song but he performed a track named My Television’s Tryin’ To Kill Me. When the beat dropped with the piano loop and deep bass I was already moving but when I heard the rhymes and the chorus I was grinning from ear to ear with a head nod that was bound to flip me over my turntables. He rocked the crowd that night with his unique style and made a fan of more than me I’m sure that night.

I’ve shared the stage and DJed for R-Tist on many occasions and even had my name penned in his rhymes and I am continuously impressed and inspired by this highly intelligent, versatile, & innovative videographer, dj, skateboarder & emcee. He’s dropped many CDs since our first encounter and is currently a member of The Green Seed with DJ FX and Complet. Listen to his classic tome about mass media’s deadly influence here



R-Tist - My Television's Tryin' To Kill Me

More:
The Green Seed have a show at Cave 9 on Saturday

1 Comments:

Blogger ChocLitLuvJoi said...

I've seen R-Tist perform @ BottleTree & The Nick several times and he does deliver. He grabs the crowd and he & his crew generally have packed out events rocking the crowd. Thanks for the info on Saturday's show...

February 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home