Wednesday, February 4, 2009

B'ham Love Pt. 5/28: Jive Mob

I found out about Jive Mob from Kwan when he was putting together a show for The Magic City C.A.F.E. It was the first "band" that I can recall actually hearing in Birmingham. I ended up doing many shows with them, the last one being New Years Eve I think in 2002 or 2003 which is when I met Supreme and was asked to DJ at the Eargasm.

Pass the Joint was included on a 3 song CD that they gave out at their shows. I think it does a great job of capturing the live feel of the band, but doesnt compare to actually seeing them perform. Tom is still on the scene and performing with his band Trip Hop Family Robinson, but I havent seen Carlito or the rest of the crew in years.



Jive Mob - Pass the Joint

MORE:
The picture above is of the Deep End, a new incarnation of Jive Mob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home