Sunday, March 28, 2010

Skeletons - Smile

Benedic Lamdin is a musician, producer and engineer. He has produced a string of highly acclaimed LPs as Nostalgia 77 for Tru Thoughts; he also produces all the releases for his own label, Impossible Ark, including this one.

He says: "Skeletons is a made up band. I kid you not - it doesn't exist. These musicians never stood in the studio together, they just passed through my house or left some scraps of sound behind after sessions we were working on. This record is like a guy, pieced together and ready for the bonfire... Some of the music here started life as commissions for a library music company, pastiches and forgeries paid for by the current vogue for a certain style of African jazz. Once I'd done a few though I couldn't stop... to me the whole thing has been a self indulgent forgery, an act of mindless fun. If it sounds good then it's because I just enjoyed the music and enjoyed myself."

Skeletons' Smile is described as a live, afro psychedelic funk band, but they have a way of jazzing things up thats very enjoyable. This is a great album that needs to be added to your collection!


Skeletons - Mulatu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home