Sunday, June 14, 2009

Late Pass #11: King Kooba - Foolin' Myself

I'd heard Melissa Heathcote before on King Kooba's 1999 Enter the Throne Room (Koobesq). Although I enjoyed that tune, it wasn't until 2000's Om Lounge 4 that I fell in love with her. The tune is Fooling Myself, a swinging bossa with her ethereal vocals on top and an intoxicating horn throughout. This song was a gateway for me to enjoy artists like Koop and Loopless plus it encouraged me to pick up King Kooba's 2007 Indian Summer which included some really nice gems plus another appearance by Melissa, scatting on Honey Locust.



King Kooba - Fooling Myself (Easy Access Orchestra Mix) feat Melissa Heathcoate

2 Comments:

Blogger bT said...

This is an ill joint. I just recently got to listening to King Kooba recently and it was on a few Om albums that I heard Kooba on. I dig =)

June 15, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger DJ Rahdu said...

King Kooba is dope. Foolin Myself is an alltime fav

June 15, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home