Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ruth Ann Cunningham - Be Free (prod by King Britt)

King Britt sez, "A few years ago, I received a call from my publishing company, Universal, about collaborating with a new 'singer' named Ruth Ann Cunningham. She was from Dublin and had been a pretty famous writer, doing hits for JoJo, Katherine McFee and Pixie. She also won the ASCAP writer's award. They were about to embark on a collaborative situation and she wanted to work with me. They flew her to Philly and we met at the studio. I hadnt heard her voice yet, but was up for whatever the universe says.
She was I think 21 and tiny. I had no clue what to expect. I made 3 tracks in a day and she was writing full songs in a matter of an hour or so. She had most of the vocal arrangements done in her head. So the moment came where she was to sing. I was in the control room like, oh sh*t, this girl is unreal. She really put it down. Her management weren't really into the tunes for her pop album, but we made an amazing musical connection. 2 songs will be on the new SYLK130 album, due out in fall 2010. The song Be Free (Download) is here for you to enjoy. This song is a preview of whats to come. (demo stage..as is...)
Get free y'all!"



Ruth Ann Cunningham - Be Free (prod by King Britt)

1 Comments:

Blogger JayTeeDee said...

This is NICE!!!

January 13, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home