Tuesday, January 26, 2010

[Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers] / Wu-Tang Clan vs. The Beatles~Album Review


Every now and then, something happens that you least expect. It's what the phrase catching lighting in a bottle was coined for. When something magical happens and you're sure it will probably not happen again, you simply hope that at least one other person was there to experience it. Getting a front row ticket for free & by accident to Obama's inauguration and meeting Don King there, getting free front row tickets to a Janet Jackson concert years ago and writing for bamalovesoul.com are some of my lightening-in-a-bottle experiences. Listening to Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers (The Wu-Tang Clan vs. The Beatles) is pure bottled electricity! Now, because I'd like to put into perspective the awesomeness of this project, I'm going to share something with you... I've NEVER owned a Wu-Tang Clan CD. I know, I know, I suck big time for that one. But, I wanted you to know that I'm not just a Wu-Tang Lover blowing smoke up your ass. I do, however, consider myself a fan but, I've been more of an artists at times than a fan so...blah, blah, blah. Anyways, take my word for it... you want to get this one!
This project was created by Tom Caruana. He's a producer/rapper from Brighton, UK. I'm not familiar with him or his work but this is a great get-to-know-what-I-can-do project. He did more than just fit some Wu-Tang-a cappellas over Beatles instrumentals, he actually created new tracks using The Beatles music as his building blocks. It's a collection of 27 tracks complete with some cleverly placed interludes created from interviews with Wu-Tang members, The Beatles and some pretty excited fans.
This is getting all 7 out of 7 head nods! Who says the best things in life aren't free? Get this while it's hot!

I'm Thed Weller and I approve this review.

* Head Nod Scale
1=Don't waste your time like I did mine.
2=Waste your time like I did mine but I dare you to disagree.
3=Well, there was the single.
4=If it were a hand in spades there's "two and a possible".
5=It's a "good" album. Meaning at least 3 or 4 solid songs.
6=Really Good Project. Has the "Rewind Factor" more than once.
7=The number of completion. Great Album. Instant Classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home