Thursday, November 12, 2009

Solange - Stillness is The Move (Dirty Projectors Cover)


Solange tweeted about a cover of Dirty Projectors that would be released on Pitchfork.com. Went about my day and suddenly remembered to check for the post. Happy I did. :) She covered Stillness is The Move and she did a darn good job. I listened to the original 1st and noticed towards the end the vocalist kind of sounded like Solange, so her cover was fitting. I then listened to Solange's and liked the soul she put in her rendition. I prefer the original though because of the overall eclectic funky sound and vocals. Whereas I do like Solange's, I can't help but think of Erykah Badu when listening, due to the sample used for this cover. Listen to what I'm talking about, and tell us what you think...

Solange - Stillness Is The Move (Cover)



Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Solange continues to amaze me in a positive way.

November 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home