Monday, August 24, 2009

Raekwon, Ghostface, Cappadonna '10 Bricks'

The year was 1996. I remember it well, while searching through the music store for something different. Literally just judging by the cover I came across a special gem of an album. One that would change the way I listened to music. One that would change my preconceived notions about what rap was supposed to sound like or talk about. One that would make me think about the lyrics and the meaning behind them instead of just having it spoon fed to me. That album was Ghostface Killah's 'Ironman.' And while I had heard of the Wu before I had never paid attention as much as I did with that album. Ghost, Raekwon, and Cappadonna created such a beautiful symphony that it was almost destined that they always rhyme together. And although they broke apart and made equally beautiful music on their own I'm glad they came back together on this track. '10 Bricks' takes me back to when I was a youngin' discovering new and different forms of hip-hop. It's music like this that makes these new hipster Twilight Rappers as I call them wish they were this ill. Hopefully when you listen to this track it'll take you back to those days too.

Raekwon, Ghosface Killah, Cappadonna '10 Bricks'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home