Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dam Funk - Toeachizown

First Volume (of 5) from Dam-Funk’s debut full length album, Toeachizown, which will be released as a 5LP set in Fall 2009. LAtrik takes listeners on an astral ride thru DF’s original “modern funk” galaxy using his signature analog synth and old school drum machine mastery. Produced, recorded, written & sincerely funked without any loops or samples by D-F in Leimert Park, California.
Dam-Funk writes: “LAtrik is more of my ‘electric style’ (hence the title of this volume) which is influenced by, yet never bitin’ such great artist as Juan Atkins (Cybotron) & Prince to name just a few. It also highlights the more modern sounds of L.A. based Funk right now with instrumentals like ‘Toeachizown’ & vocal tracks like ‘Mirrors’ which, I feel are distinctly my sound, humbly speaking. I hope U dig it, as this was made 4 U! - D-F”
I was a D-F fan before, but these tunes are really GREAT. He's added a melodic vibe to the usual electronic feel. I know you're gonna DIG this!
Dam Funk - Toeachizown

1 Comments:

Blogger Junior Star said...

I'll most definitely be picking these up.

July 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home