Monday, March 30, 2009

Vinyl? Check! # 24: Space is the Place

This one is special to me because my dad sent me in search of this album years ago. I actually found it this Sunday while spinning with JuniorStar, Jubal, JTD and Don Johnson at Charlemagne Records at Wax Poetics Sundays. (ahem, Jr.Star, pix please) I couldnt get into the first side, but when Spaced, the first song on the flip side played i was floored. There's another funky number on the B side, Black Lassie with Cheech Marin listed in the production credits thats nice, but Spaced is my gem and I share it with you. Next month, make sure you check out Wax Poetics Sundays on the last Sunday. This is an event that is really growing and is just an overall dope event! PEACE to everyone that came out and especially to the one that popped his "live djing" cherry.


Stanley Turentine - Spaced

1 Comments:

Blogger JayTeeDee said...

Yea man, that was major fun just being there and enjoying the vibe. I couldn't help but get inspired to do my thing. I know it won't be the last time. Good track, I need to get me a a record player and add some vinyl to my collection. Peace fam!

April 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home